Friday, September 15, 2006

USA Trip Day 23 / June 2, 2006 Friday


I stayed at Savoy Hotel along Geary St. just 2 short blocks from Union Square. The hotel bell hop Mang Ricky is a Cabalen from Angeles City Pampanga and he was a big help. I had this day all by myself so I went back to some of the places that we went to the previous day and took my precious picture. First stop was Union Square. A trip to SFO would not be complete if you didn’t ride a cable car. Kala ninyo sa Pinas lang sumasabit sa jeepney, pwede rin sumabit sa cable car! I rode the cable car from Union Square to Fisherman’s wharf. I wanted to go to Alcatraz but the queue was too long. The earliest available ferry was at 4PM. After buying some souvenirs, some shopping, checking out museums, taking tons of pictures in Pier 39, the next stop was Lombard Street again. I just had to take more pictures of the crookedest street. Then I checked out more places like the Chinatown, Office of the California Governor, the elegant SFO City Hall, a row of high end auto dealers along Van Ness, Grace Cathedral and Fairmont Hotel again. The beauty of staying at a downtown hotel (though a bit pricey) is that you can unload the stuff that you purchased and rest a bit. I had dinner with Ronnie again at an Italian resto in SFO. Afterwards, we have a few drinks at a bar in Daly City where 95% of the patrons where Filipinos.

No comments:

Post a Comment