Friday, September 15, 2006

USA Trip Day 25 / June 4, 2006 Sunday


I learned that ErWong is a mountain biker like me. Erwin and Mark used to do the trails in San Jose. The place is like a haven for MTBers. We visited a couple of stores one of which was Performance Bikes where I sometimes get bike parts on line. My Giant NRS mountain bike is like a “chopsuey” because some of the parts I purchased online in the US, some via HKG bike shops however most of the parts I purchased in the Philippines. We had lunch at Santana Row. This is like a strip of high end stores and restaurants where 80% of the cars parked are high end. Check out the picture and you’ll know what I mean. The airport was about 2 hours away so more time to trade stories and catch up on old times with ErWong. Goodbye US! The flight time to the Philippines was about 16 hours but I guess the PAL pilot was in a bit of hurry so we made it in 14 hours. We arrived in Manila around 5AM, two hours ahead of schedule so I had to wait for my ride since my family came from Tarlac City. The US trip was great but there’s no place like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment