Tuesday, September 12, 2006

USA Trip Day 13 / May 23, 2006 Tuesday


Just when I thought that I would not see the Statue of Liberty up close, lo and behold, my mom and I were riding a ferry to Liberty Island via New Jersey courtesy of Tita Cynthia Munar, my mother’s high school friend. I just realized that Liberty Island is “closer” to NJ than NY. We also had a nice picture of the NY skyline through NJ. Lunch was at a Filipino resto where the waiters were, you guessed it, Filipinos! Sayang, I wanted to see my college friend Johnny Garcia but seems like he was so busy. Tito Venus & Tita Susan Jordan from Tarlac City now living in Lawrenceville, NJ picked us up in the afternoon. We had dinner at their cool new home in NJ then had a tour of their Dunkin Donut outlets in NJ. I was surprised to find an old BMX buddy Jun Magdangal. I used to BMX a lot during my elementary and early high school days and Jun was one of the guys I hanged out with. Later I found out that he is a kinakapatid (My father is his godfather).

No comments:

Post a Comment